Garden Center Sales Associate
As the Garden Center Sales Associate, one must be familiar with all aspects of the Garden Center including but not limited to customer service and the day to day operations of a retail plant yard. The Garden Center Sales Associate is essentially responsible for the presentation of the retail yard, maintenance of that specific area of plant material and the interaction with the retail customers. This position must successfully interact with the Garden Center Team Lead, Manager and Garden Center Staff, in addition to all other management and owners. The Garden Center Sales Associate must also successfully and professionally interact with outside vendors and wholesale customers as well as all landscape crews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Organize, set-up and display all plant material in the designated retail yard for optimal attractiveness to create and drive sales.
- Maintain all plant material in the retail area, including but not limited to watering, pruning, scouting for insects and disease, etc.
- Restocking the retail yard with plants out of the wholesale area and communicating with the Garden Center Retail Sales/ Manager on material quantities and future needs.
- Promptly greet customers, assist with plant selections and load plant material.
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge and Skill
- Minimum of 1 – 2 year’s experience in the Retail Nursery Industry with exposure to a broad range of Garden Center experience.
- Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Must be creative and detail-oriented
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts
- Assertive approach to problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Capability to maintain a "team-oriented" outlook
- Innate sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and able to carry 15-20 pounds repeatedly through the length of greenhouse.