Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area.
- Develop a high level of product knowledge for the merchandise in the department by reading vendor tags, pamphlets, and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer.
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible.
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales.
- Alert Boutique Manager of inventory and other inaccuracies.
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock.
- Participate in sales driving events to maximize sales.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures.
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge and Skill
- Previous selling experience is required and High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shift.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret product knowledge books. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Superior organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to build relationships and influence others. Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique.