Retail Sales Manager
The retail manager oversees the daily operations of the store and/or departments; ensures smooth running of operations to maximize sales and minimize costs. The retail sales manager will also be able to motivate personnel to perform according to their maximum capacity.
The goal is to manage the store in ways that boost revenues and develop the business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Organize all store operations and allocate responsibilities to personnel
- Supervise and guide staff towards maximum performance
- Deal with complaints from customers to maintain the store’s reputation
- Inspect the areas in the store and resolve any issues that might arise
- Plan and oversee in-store promotional events or displays.
- Keep abreast of market trends to determine the need for improvements in the store
- Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecast
- Provide excellent customer service
- Protect the security of inventory, and other assets according to company guidelines
- Proactively educate himself/herself on product knowledge and promotions.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work required
- Must be organized, computer savvy and willing to learn
- Keep buyers informed of any overstock, understock items; let them know of any items requested often that we do not carry.
- Keep daily tasks lists
- Will present as the lead salesperson
- Oversee scheduling of all areas
- Improve productivity (increasing sales while decreasing labor)
- Monitor employees’ performance and prepare evaluations, mentor when appropriate
- Send out a biweekly newsletter to the staff
- Assist with hiring, orientation, and training
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience as retail manager or in other managerial position
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principle
- Must be creative and detail-oriented
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shift
- Assertive approach to problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Capability to maintain a "team-oriented" outlook
- Innate sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolong standing and climbing.