Sweet Shop Team Lead
The Sweet Shop Attendant is responsible for ensuring superior customer service and the distribution of ice cream, milkshakes, fudge, and more!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve ice cream, milkshakes, and fudge as well as other food products sold in the Sweet Shop
- Must be able to be trained in proper food handling techniques
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures, including cleaning at the end of the night.
- Wipe down counters and tables with the proper sanitation procedures throughout the day
- Keep inventory stocked
- Learn to properly handle money/credit cards/gift cards
- Other team lead duties include training new hires, able to answer questions from other sweet shop staff, improve productivity (keep sales up and labor down), prepare monthly staff schedule, publish monthly employee newsletter, and arrange coverage for call outs.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work required
- Must be organized and willing to learn
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge & Skills
- Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Must be creative and detail-oriented
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shift
- Assertive approach to problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Capability to maintain a "team-oriented" outlook
- Innate sense of responsibility and accountability
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Repetitive use of hands and arms