The Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting in a variety of warehouse duties, including shipping, and receiving, unloading, and loading trucks, fulfilling purchase orders, and keeping warehouse stocked with essential equipment.
- Receive trucks and unload merchandise.
- Check in merchandise, record amounts of materials/items received, affix labels, and stack merchandise on racks.
- Stock warehouse with tools and ensure machinery is serviced and functional
- Match purchase orders to sales orders and distribute to sales associates for processing.
- Fill item requests (customer orders.)
- Move materials off racks and package for shipment.
- Follow all safety codes.
- Sort material according to size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Coordinator and Operations Manager.
- Identify damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse.
- Compile inventory balances and price lists, assist with yearend and cycle inventories.
- Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the warehouse.
- Conduct payable research, assist/support keying and receiving as needed.
- Assist and support purchasing department as needed seasonally.
- Coordinate all department filing and maintain such daily.
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by management.
- Warehouse associates may be pulled from his/her primary department to work in other departments as needed but will be trained upon assisting in those other areas. All departments require the same excellent customer service so the job duties would be very similar.