Christmas Land / Garden Center Sales Associate
As a sales associate, one must be familiar with all aspects of the Christmas/Garden Center including but not limited to customer service and the day to day operations of a retail department. The Christmas/Garden Center Sales Associate is essentially responsible for the presentation of the retail department and the interaction with the retail customers. This position must successfully interact with the Christmas/Garden Center Team Lead, Manager and Staff, in addition to all other management and owners.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Organize, set-up and display for optimal attractiveness to create and drive sales.
- Maintain all plant material in the retail area, including but not limited to watering, pruning, scouting for insects and disease, etc.
- Restocking the departments and communicating with the Manager on material quantities and future needs.
- Promptly greet customers, assist with their selections and load plant material.
- For Christmas: must have knowledge of and experience in tying of bows and personalization of ornaments
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Must be creative and detail-oriented
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts
- Assertive approach to problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Capability to maintain a "team-oriented" outlook
- Innate sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and able to carry 15-20 pounds repeatedly through the length of greenhouse.
- Excellent knowledge of plant material including health, quality issues, disease and pests of landscape plants.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for various individuals.