Gift & Sweet Shop Associate
The Gift & Sweet Shop Associate will be responsible for ensuring superior customer service in both areas.
In the Gift Shop, the associate must be familiar with all aspects of the Gift Sales Department including but not limited to customer service and the day to day operations of the department. The Gift Sales Associate is essentially responsible for the presentation of the gift sales areas and the interaction with the retail customers. This position must successfully interact with the Gift Sales Team Lead, Manager and Gift Sales Staff, in addition to all other management and owners.
In the Sweet Shop, the associate will provide ice cream, milkshakes, fudge, and more with a smile to our customers!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve ice cream, milkshakes, and fudge as well as other food products sold in the Sweet Shop.
- Must be able to be trained in proper food handling techniques.
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures, including cleaning at the end of the night.
- Wipe down counters and tables with the proper sanitation procedures throughout the day.
- Keep inventory stocked.
- Learn to properly handle money/credit cards/gift cards.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work required.
- Must be organized and willing to learn.
- Organize, set-up and display material in the designated department for optimal attractiveness to create and drive sales.
- Maintain all items in the department.
- Restocking the department and communicating with the Gift Sales Manager on material quantities and future needs.
- Promptly greet customers and assist with their selections.
- Performs all other reasonably related job duties as assigned by department manager or management.
Knowledge and Skill
- Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Must be creative and detail-oriented
- Emphasize a positive work environment that is fun and unique
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts
- Assertive approach to problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Capability to maintain a "team-oriented" outlook
- Innate sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Excellent knowledge of department products.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for various individuals.