Garden Center/Christmas Land Associate
Why work at DeWayne's?
Watch the YouTube video link and find out......
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
As the Garden Center Sales Associate, one must be familiar with all aspects of the Garden Center including but not limited to customer service and the day-to-day operations of a Garden Center environment.
The Garden Center Sales Associate is essentially responsible for the presentation, maintenance of that specific area of plants merchandise, and customer service in the general area. Teamwork is a must in this position.
Our Garden Center Sales Associate also help in our Christmas Land during the season. Our Christmas Land opens usually from August to December, during this time our sales associates share a combines resposnsibility as the sales associates within both departments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in the Garden & Nursery is desirable.
- Retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be creative and detail oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and able to carry 15-20 pounds repeatedly through the length of greenhouse.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Garden/Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person